What's new

Is Widescreen Advocate fast? (1 Viewer)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Since I moved the site to a shared host, I would like to know if it is fast enough. Please visit the site and let me know if it is too slow. Also please check the news link, as it is using a MySQL database, and I need to see if the database is fast enough. Please let me know if you experiance any downtime or server lag. Please post your connection speed as well.
Widescreen Advocate
Thanks!

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
Ran like a Ferrari for me. This was my first visit as well and the site looks great Joshua...well designed, attractive and very informative.
Great Job :emoji_thumbsup:

Colin-H

Second Unit
Everything's very quick except the "Sales & Stats" page, which is extremely slow.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
The sales and stats page is slow by nature. The script has to download eight DVD product pages from amazon.com and then process that content. That takes a little while, but I am going to try to set up a cron job, to make the script run once an hour, and then save the results to a static page. Once I get it set up, it should load in seconds, just like the rest of the site.

Colin-H

Second Unit
That's what I figured, Joshua.

Once you get the cron job working, it'll be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks