What's new

Is wider better or deeper when concidering room arrangement? (1 Viewer)

Aaron_Morris

Stunt Coordinator
I did a search on a couple differant terms and didn't get anything that helped me, so here it goes.

I am moving into a new apartment, and the living room is kinda small. It is like 17x11 but the area that the HT stuff will go is more like 11x11.
Would it be preferable to have the TV and L/C/R on the long wall, or the shorter wall?
If the TV is along the long wall then there is an issue with a brick wall along the right side of the room and the left side would be fairly open. If the TV was along the short wall it would be up against the brick wall and have fairly even walls on either side.

My guess is the short wall... but the room might look a little better and actually fit more furniture if it is against the long wall.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Typically I prefer the wide arrangement, because with the deeper the tendency too often is to place the seats too far from the screen, and/or the speakers too far behind the seats.

However, in your situation – with the brick wall on one side and totally open on the other – I’d go with the deep arrangement. I’d rather see the brick wall behind the speakers than where sound can reflect off of it. That, coupled with the open side where there would be little-to-no reflections, could give some strange results.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks