Is watching the Pilot first necessary to enjoy Twin Peaks?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Stone, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Okay...I posted a Twin Peaks question a couple of weeks ago, because I mistakenly was duped into watching Fire Walk with Me before watching the series. Anyway, I've finally got a copy of the first season, and have a Region 0 version of the Pilot on the way from Hong Kong. But...the Pilot won't be here for another 2 weeks, and the damn 4 disc set is burning a hole in my pocket (or DVD rack, as it may be), so I was wondering...would it be that bad to go ahead and watch the first season before seeing the pilot. I've already gotten stuff spoiled from watching the movie, so would it be that bad to watch this...?

Thanx for the input.

2. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    First, you should knock out the person who told you to watch TPFWWM[​IMG]
    Second, If I were you I would wait. Why spoil the few surprises that are left. I say watch it in order. The pilot is actually my favorite "episode" of this fantastic series, I guarantee it will be worth the wait.
    Good luck, and why not have a cup'o joe and a slice of cherry pie while you wait.[​IMG]

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Sure you can enjoy the series without watching the pilot. But you'll enjoy it more if you wait. And you'll also get more enjoyment from the pilot.
    M.

4. TomJD

TomJD Agent

Wait for the pilot before you watch it,you'll definitely enjoy it better.I also got the pilot from Japan and the quality is not bad at all.

5. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    Not trying to beat this dying horse, but Yes! Wait for the pilot and watch it from the start. You will enjoy it much more this way. I second the nomination to beat the person that "tricked" you into watching TPFWWM. [​IMG]

6. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Well, it's settled then. I'll wait...it'll probably be painful, but I think I can do it.

Thanks for the advice guys.