What's new

Is Warner's 2010 Anamorphic? (1 Viewer)

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
However, I remember reading somewhere that this title was re-released with anamorphic enhancement recently. But maybe this was just some faulthy information as a result of the error on the back cover....

Ask Jack Briggs, he's a great fan of this film, and he'll know... ;)

Britton

Screenwriter
I just finished watching the Warner DVD in the snapper case literally five minutes ago, and it is non-anamorhpic. Aside from a P&S version on the other side of the disc, it is the same thing as the original MGM DVD. It's shame they didn't go ahead and redo this one since they went through the extra effort to P&S it. By the way, I picked this up from the Wal-Mart $5.88 bargain bin. This DVD is most definitely worth $5.88 even if it is non-anamorphic. If you can find it at your Wal-Mart for the same price, I'd advise you to just go ahead and buy it because I don't forsee Warner revisiting this one anytime soon.

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
considering it made over 100 Million in theaters when it was released, you'd think it would get at least an anamorphic re-release. And Peter Hyams isn't doing much of late.

That being said, the DVD is the only way to see it wide, even if it is only letterbox, and for any fan of the film, its the only way to go.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
well this sucks, i picked it up only cause it said it was 16:9...

reason being I already have the laserdisc and my widescreen set won't zoom, so non anamorphic movies are banded on all four sides - hence my policy of only replacing laserdiscs i have with anamorphic stuff

grrrr

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks