What's new

Is Unforgiven being re-released this year? (1 Viewer)

Henry Yuen

Grip
Has there been any official (or otherwise) confirmation of a re-release? The current disc is at best average. Thanks.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the HTF Henry.
From the Warner Home Video Chat (10-16-01):
THE COLOR PURPLE SPEC ED (fabulous, we're told, with participation by all the principals) and NIGHTBREED DIRECTORS CUT (Morgan Creek is handling) are both on the Tentative 2002 Schedule. We don't have rights to POLTERGEIST 2. GREMLINS 2 THE NEW BATCH is possible, and the director wants to work with us. So in short, we're working on several of these, but cannot attach a specific timetable to any.
So, it's definately in the works, the only question is when.

Henry Yuen

Grip
Thanks for the replies and the welcome. I'd be quite happy if the re-issue is as good as those of The Outlaw Josey Wales and Dirty Harry. The only other thing I would wish for is a Clint Eastwood commentary, but I doubt we'll get one as he seems to prefer doing interviews.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Im not sure if it is WARNER or MGM, but I would ALSO love to see the 1960 UNFORGIVEN released-this with Burt Lancaster and the very, very lovely Audrey Hepburn....

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I sold my Unforgiven DVD thinking it would be released this year. I'm in the mood to watch it again so I hope this is re-released soon. There's no reason why the movie can't look better than it did on the original release.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
The transfer definitely needs a touch up-nay, an overhaul. With so many vistas and sweeping cinematographic moments, you would hope they could remaster it to really bring those elements out. The dream of course, is to do it without EE.

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks