Is UC on Xbox the same as UT2003 on PC?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike__D, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Mike__D

Mike__D Supporting Actor

Just what the title says. I downloaded an early demo of UT2003 a while ago, and noticed all those maps are on UC for the Xbox, and the gameplay, weapons, etc... are the same. Are there any differences? Is there a way to have the PC be a dedicated server to run UC games? That would be nice.

Mike D.
    gamertag: Merlot

2. Romar Armas

Romar Armas Second Unit

Initially, only Unreal Championship for the Xbox was planned. The next Unreal Tournament was to come after the release of Unreal 2. However, Epic told Digital Extremes to create Unreal Tournament 2003 based on an unfinished version of UC. So what is now UT2K3 is basically an unfinished Unreal Championship. However, I don't think it's possible to play against PC people with the Xbox.

3. EdR

EdR Second Unit

4. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

There are 10 maps that are on UC which are not on UT2K3 (retail). The weapons are basically the same with a few graphical changes. Other than that, they are identical. UT2k3 of course has 100's of new maps and mods to download already. Downloads should start to be available for UC as well but who knows what that will be.
    I doubt you will ever be able to play Xbox vs PC on any game due to the structure of Live and the security inplace. MS won't even allow people with modded boxes to get on Live, do you honestly think they will let in PC users? I don't think so. [​IMG]

5. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

I just want facing worlds on UC. I am appalled that it wasnt on there!

6. Mike__D

Mike__D Supporting Actor

Thanks for the info... As far as PC'ers playing Xbox, that was NOT my orginial thought. I was just curious if a PC could HOST a game... like a dedicated server, that's all, not participate in it.

At least I know not to buy UT2K3... I'd have to upgrade my Video Card (orginal Geforce 256DDR), although I can get playable rates with graphics turned down and at 640x480... but why bother when the playing field is even (hardware wise) on the Xbox?

Mike D.