1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Is U2 - Pop Mart Tour coming to DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by G Miller, Sep 4, 2001.

1. G Miller

G Miller Stunt Coordinator

Does anybody have any idea if this title is due for release at all. I went to the concert when it was here in Melbourne and have the VHS copy from Mexico, but I heard that it was getting released on DVD shortly... Anybody know for sure?
    (sorry if this is the wrong area to post this!?!)
    ------------------

2. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

Gary, the one being released to DVD soon is the Elevation Tour filmed in Boston.

3. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

4. G Miller

G Miller Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for that guys. I found the site where I heard about the DVD release of PopMart. It was a chat transcript from a rep from Universal at an Aussie dvd site. The date was 27/3 this year. Here is what was said.

5. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

Well...I was not aware of Zoo TV or PopMart being planned and not executed for DVD. U2's website quotes Edge as saying that the Elevation DVD will be out by the end of the year, and that they filmed the Boston shows specifically for this. I didn't know that they felt the Boston performances were not up to par.
    BTW, if this does make it to DVD, I just want to be able to skip past the song "New York." I don't care for the song and when I saw the show, the odd visuals made it VERY difficult to follow along! However, this is coming from a guy who worked 12 hours the night before, slept 2 hours, drove 4 hours and then watched the concert. At that point my attention span wasn't much.