What's new

Is Twister at CH really the SE version? (1 Viewer)

BrianMu

Stunt Coordinator
On Columbia House's website, they list Twister as "Special Edition", but in the "Sound" section it mentions only DD and not DTS and they show a picture of the non SE version. The big thread at DVD Talk lists Twister SE under the DTS titles, but that contradicts CH's picture and description (http://www.columbiahouse.com/cl1/ch/...0003&x=15&y=14). If anybody has actually received this title from CH and can tell me if it is indeed the SE version, I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Brian

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
It only lists Widescreen, whereas the other edition had both Widescreen and P&S, so I would guess that yes, it is the newer edition.

I also know that you have to look pretty hard on that case to see that it does have the DTS track. So, it's possible whoever typed the features missed that bit.

Besides, didn't the other edition go OOP?

BrianMu

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if the other edition went OOP or not, but I know the last time I looked at CC they only had the non SE non DTS version. So it's still around to some extent at least. The main thing that worries me is that the picture they show is of the old version (with the THX logo on the bottom)... Can anybody confirm this for sure?

Brian

BrianMu

Stunt Coordinator
In case anyone else wondered, Mr. Music over at DVD Talk just confirmed that he received the SE version from CH in May. I wish CH was a little more explicit in their descriptions so that questions like this wouldn't have to come up!

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks