What's new

Is Twin Peaks good enough to buy? (1 Viewer)

Tyler T

Stunt Coordinator
I mainly missed this show because I was always watching something else and at that time the plot didn't interest me. But, I've already heard of good reviews on the DVD set and the show itself. So, is it worth the (erm...) price? Also, should I try the pilot or the S1 set.

Thanks for any help...

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Tyler,

Yes, the set is good enough to buy. It's one of the best TV sets I have sitting on my shelf. Artisan did an excellent job.

I have never seen the pilot episode, but I'd probably recommend watching it first because they refer to stuff that (I'm assuming) happened in it. There's a summary of the pilot included in the booklet.

Gord

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Read my review:
Click Here
Take it from someone who is not a fan of David
Lynch and would never have even considered watching
this series had Artisan not sent me a review screener....
This is one of the best TV series I have seen.
Yes, buy it! The first season is only 7 episodes
and you'll get through it fast enough to long for
the next season.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
By all means, pick it up! My TP boxed set should be arriving today. Good thing I've got the day off! :)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Yes, it's worth it. And finally after all these years I'll get to watch those girls dancing in their saddle shoes again. :b

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Absolutely. My full review of the season one set and the pilot is up on dOc today: http://www.digitallyobsessed.com complete with plenty of pie and coffee.
Although the Artisan set contains a synopsis of the pilot, it's definitely much better to get the pilot also to dive into the story. Otherwise, with this huge cast you're likely to get lost.
Fabulous all the way around; the Artisan set is only the 4th disc I've given straight A's to out of about 350 reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks