What's new

Is Twilight Time cutting down on their commentaries? (1 Viewer)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
None of their August 2nd titles (8 Heads In A Duffel Bag, Kid Galahad, Long Hot Summer, Suddenly Last Summer, Emperor In August) have commentary tracks and I would have thought at least Long Hot Summer and Suddenly Last Summer would have been ideal fodder for a Nick and Julie commentary. I know I would have loved to hear it.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I don't have an answer to your question but I agree that commentary tracks for those two films would have been very welcome. Most people, it seems, have found that commentary tracks from Nick Redman and Julie Kirgo are top of the range.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
None of their August 2nd titles (8 Heads In A Duffel Bag, Kid Galahad, Long Hot Summer, Suddenly Last Summer, Emperor In August) have commentary tracks and I would have thought at least Long Hot Summer and Suddenly Last Summer would have been ideal fodder for a Nick and Julie commentary. I know I would have loved to hear it.
Tom Sawyer The Musical (/Huckelberry Finn) has an older commentary and a new one recorded for TT with Bruce Kimmel & Richard M. Sherman

There's one by Pat Boone on State Fair
Drunken Master Audio Commentary with Film Historians Ric Meyers and Jeff Yang
Who'll Stop the Rain Audio Commentary with Bronson Biographer Paul Talbot

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
[...] I would have thought at least Long Hot Summer and Suddenly Last Summer would have been ideal fodder for a Nick and Julie commentary. I know I would have loved to hear it.
Maybe Nick and Julie took a "Summer" holiday; both Suddenly and Long; which might explain their absence.:(

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The only thing I can tell you is that there is a good reason why their commentaries have decreased. I am not at liberty to share that reason so please respect the privacy aspect. Under those circumstances, I believe all of us would understand the lack of commentaries.

Please, no public speculation and let's leave it at that. Thank you.

Last edited:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
The only thing I can tell you is that there is a good reason why their commentaries have decreased. I am not at liberty to share that reason so please respect the privacy aspect. Under those circumstances, I believe all of us would understand the lack of commentaries.

Please, no public speculation and let's leave it at that. Thank you.

Thanks for posting. While I'm disheartened by the news, I won't speculate and leave it at that.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I think we all are thankful that films like Long Hot Summer are being released on blu-ray and can't wait to see it on my new tv & blu-ray player.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Gosh, I hate reading Crawdaddy's post but will also respect their privacy and only say that TT's releases continue to please me and I wish the whole crew nothing but the best personally and professionally.

Looking forward to Long Hot Summer in particular plus a few from the Sony sale that I hadn't already purchased previously (which was quite a few).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks