Is this wrong?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anders Englund, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Anders Englund

Anders Englund Second Unit

Being that everyone was very willing to discuss the morals of exchanging DVDs in another store than it was originally bought, here's another moral dilemma:

My wife feels I buy far too many DVDs (I probably do). As you're all aware ST:TNG season 3 was released a couple of weeks ago. Is it wrong for me to buy it, and sneak it into the shelf and act as if nothing happened. :b

--Anders

2. Marshall Alsup

Marshall Alsup Second Unit

If money is not a problem in your house than I dont think it's a big deal. What I mean is that if your wife is just annoyed by your purchasing then I wouldn't worry about it. If the purchasing of DVDs means the kid cant get his diapers and thats why she's pissed then thats another story.
    I know this seems dishonest, but hey, I'm not married so I can give this kind of advice [​IMG]
    -Marshall

3. Anders Englund

4. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

5. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

buy it for her when your next anniversary or her birthday domes around [​IMG] heehehe

6. Kevin Potts

Kevin Potts Second Unit

I think a man should be able to buy a DVD everytimes his SO buys a new blouse/pair of pants/hat/pair of shoes/piece of jewelry.....etc.

7. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

8. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Well, I guess if it's not a money issue, then it depends on what your wife's issue with you buying too many DVDs is. Does it have something to do with spending more time with your DVDs than you do with her? Does she just see the hobby as a waste of time? There's a million reasons, and whether you get the discs really depends on why there's a problem.

9. Anders Englund

10. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen

11. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

How long after you sneak it in is she going to see it? (And then - what's going to happen)?
    I'd break out a tape measure and figure out how much shelf space you'll need for the entire show and make the space - NOW.
    When/if she asks, you can tell her the space is reserved, and you won't be happy until the rest come out. If she doesn't say anything (she's going to know you brought it anyway), buy it and slip it in. (I'm glad Im too far away from you to hear the fireworks). [​IMG]
    Glenn

12. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

13. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

Damn,
    In short, I about 100% agree w/ what Ryan said above.

14. Anders Englund

15. KyleK

KyleK Second Unit

"What she doesn't know can't hurt you" [​IMG]

16. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

No it is not wrong if you can afford to buy the set.

By the way, what married man here has not had his wife go out and buy an outfit, store it in the closet. After months pass the wife wears the out fit for the first time. When the husband notices the and remarks, “Is that new?” the answer he gets is “No I’ve had it for some time.”

Go out and enjoy your new set.

17. Mark Philp

Mark Philp Second Unit

Mark
    You say that your wife doesn't have a hobby and since she's has to deal two kids all day she's beat and goes to bed. Excuse me, but you're a parent too. Pehaps if you gave her a hand with the kids and the chores, etc. she'd have the time and energy to develop a hobby or better yet you'd be able to interest her in yours. Today, a father is more than a sperm donor.

18. Mark_Mac

Mark_Mac Stunt Coordinator

Mark Philp, Anders said that he watches his movies after the family goes to bed, I think your assuming to much by the comments you made and there way out of line.
    Anders, my wife is the same way, she has no hobby at all, Ive tried to get her interested in different things and even try and suggest other activities but she has no desire which I cant understand. She used to get upset by my spending habbits but it has never stopped me and it never will. Hell I could be dead tomorrow, so Im going to enjoy today. Go buy your movies and enjoy, you deserve it.

19. Johnny wilson

Johnny wilson Stunt Coordinator

Buy the dvds if you like them. I just ask my wife when she gets bitchy about the money I spend on dvds, " Would you rather I spend the money on a girlfriend or a whore? ". She usually shuts up pretty quick.

20. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    I've noticed of late that the after hours lounge seems to have become somewhat of an amature psychoanalyst hangout. If you want and can afford the DVD, buy it. I would prefer to be able to just tell my S/O everything I purchase, but relationships dont always work that way. If you dont tell your wife everything you buy it doesnt mean you are are evil and your relationship is doomed. Your proably a good father too. Take what is said here with a grain of salt. We pretty much know nothing about you.