What's new

Is this worth it? (1 Viewer)

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in the process of upgrading I have a Onkyo 575 which is about 2 years old now. I am very happy with it. I was wondering if the newer Onkyo's are a huge difference then the one I own. I'm looking into a 100x5 because I believe mine is 75x5. Is it a good idea to look into one or should I just save my money?

Paul_Dunlop

Second Unit
Hi
I wouldn't suggest you upgrade just for extra wattage - if there are features that you feel you are missing ie. DPL II, DTS, 6.1 or 7.1, more digital or video inputs, then you can start looking for the next receiver with your new requirements.
Otherwise, the longer you wait for a new receiver (which is easier said, then done) the more features will be standard and the better the price.
Enjoy what you have and look elsewhere if you have upgraditis - subwoofer, speakers, gaming console etc.
Just my $0.02
Paul

Howard_S

Supporting Actor
What are your needs? What is your budget? You don't have to buy Onkyo. If it does everything that you want then you should keep it since you said you're happy with it. Do you need DPL2? Buying a new receiver especially those that are higher end should be an upgrade. Whether it's worth it or not is up to you. I think a lot of people would recommmend you get an amp. It depends on what you're going to get to replace your Onkyo. Getting an amp or a 100w+receiver should give you a boost in sound. I wouldn't stay on this board for too long. It'll definitely make you think of upgrading. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks