Is this worth $350 (cheapo Onkyo setup)

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Tim_Wetzel, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Tim_Wetzel

Tim_Wetzel Stunt Coordinator

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...032583-0328851

Right now I'm using a piece-of-crap system, don't even remember the brand, that is my brother's. He's taking it back and I need something else. It's with a 19" TV, so not exactly a huge home theater setup.

This seem like a decent little system at a good price. What do you think? Is there something better in this price range?

I mostly use it for watching movies.

2. Tim_Wetzel

Tim_Wetzel Stunt Coordinator

Yes or no on ordering this setup??

3. Leigh_M

Leigh_M Stunt Coordinator

I had the 5.1 version of the system the HTS650. I think it was a great system for the price. The receiver is nice enough that you could keep it and upgrade the speakers later.

4. Leigh_M

Leigh_M Stunt Coordinator

I had the 5.1 version of the system the HTS650. I think it was a great system for the price. The receiver is nice enough that you could keep it and upgrade the speakers later.

5. JoshJAN

JoshJAN Auditioning

In my opinion, I dont think there is a better system for the price. In fact, I have heard several different setups that cost twice as much that didnt sound as good as the Onkyo HTS760 package.

6. JoshJAN

JoshJAN Auditioning

In my opinion, I dont think there is a better system for the price. In fact, I have heard several different setups that cost twice as much that didnt sound as good as the Onkyo HTS760 package.