What's new

Is this wierd or am I just naive? (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I still prefer the G35 sedan, I got to beat on my boss's loaner car, and it was fun, not big power... but enough and nice handling.

I was just at the denver auto show and there were so many cars I'd like to buy there, but I can't think of many now...
How about the new miata, or the saturn sky/pontiac solstice?

Dan D.

Stunt Coordinator
I really wouldn't be too suspicious of this situation. My wife and I were interested in buying a car recently and decided to hold off. The dealer has called us a couple of times bettering his offer on our trade in, on top of what was a pretty good offer to begin with and a very fair price on the new car (trade-in incentives, owner loyalty bonuses). He's actually not been high-pressure about it, even saying he doesn't want to pressure us but here's what he can do now if we are interested. He's also said he's trying to make as many deals to move new cars as he can. Of course he is, that's his job, and as long as he wants to make us a good deal, we win too.

So your dealer's movtives are obvious, who cares if there really is a buyer for the car or not, the real question is what does he have to offer - not just on your trade-in, but on a new car too. You can always just say no. Do your homework on the Blue Book value and know how much (if any) you have left to pay off. Keep in mind that car values will tend to drop off at certain mileage and age points, so it might make sense to capture some of that value depending on your future needs.

MikeEn

Stunt Coordinator
No, you are not naive, sir. In fact, I would also like to buy your car, and I will pay you top dollars! Unfortunately, due to very poor circumstances, I am here in Lagos, Nigeria, and cannot transfer funds to you easily. But no problem! My colleague, who is presently visiting the state of Kanses in your country, has come into possesion of a certified cashiers check for USD 47000. He will send you this check, properly signed, and you can then just ship your car and the balance, say, 12000 to me here. You must do this right away! I will be waiting here in Lagos for your Montero and your check for 12000! If you can't send 12000, send as much as you can.

Your friend, Olu Oboba

Julian Reville

Screenwriter

Dear Olu,

Thank you for writing me. I have many thousands of Nigerian friends, many of them write, e-mail, or fax me several times a day.

I have already packaged the Montero Sport for shipping to you. In order to comply with UPS weight restrictions, I had to take it apart and pack it in 413 boxes, but I made notes as I went along, so I'm sure you won't have any trouble putting it back together. As soon as your colleage gets here, and we go to the bank together to change the cashier's check into Krugerands, we'll be in business.

I already have your check ready. I'm sure it's good: I just printed it myself right here on my laser printer.

Your friend in Georgia.

David McGough

Second Unit
If you want to sell give him a jack up price.. Tell him
what ever you get over is your commmission.
That way you win... That's if you wanting a new car

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks