What's new

Is this whats known as a spade connector? (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
I've never seen cables like this and would like to know. If so, do you justput that around binding post and tighten it down?
cv_4_2.jpg

RicP

Screenwriter
Yes and Yes. :)
Unless you have a speaker like Paradigm which uses a larger binding post. In that case you need to look for bigger (wider) spades, or just use bananas.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Allen, I prefer to use banana plugs for the reason Ric mentioned. Unfortunately, there is no uniform-size binding post for amps and speakers, so you have to be sure that spades will fit at both ends. This can especially be a pain when dealing with pre-terminated speaker cables. I find it to be too much trouble, so I use banana plugs. Now, some people avoid banana plugs because the contact area can change over time as the banana plugs deform in the binding posts. These folks say that spades offer greater contact area and better sound as a result. I've used banana plugs for years with no problems.

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
I'm actually using banana plugs right now, but I wanted to buy some speaker cable that came pre-terminated (soldered) and I have only been able to find spade connection cables. I know there was a company called knu concepts or something similar round but I can't find them now. If someone could post some companies with pre-terminated cables that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation239
Recent bookmarks