What's new

Is this Warm, Bright, or Neutral? (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Peter Aczel is a good writer.

And Tecate is a good "summer" beer. But I will pick up some Pacifico Clara tonight.

Has anyone noticed how some beer has more of a diuretic effect than others? Tecate translates, for me, into at least one biology call per 12 ounces.

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
Angelo got it right, but don't be surprised if you find the different receivers sound slightly different, even if you can't put your finger on whether one is more "warm" or "bright."

Doug Brewster

Second Unit
"Can someone describe how an orange tastes?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It tastes kinda like chicken..."

Yep. And I've noticed that nearly everything tastes like chicken...except chicken.

Yogi

Screenwriter
How about some chicken wings with the beer..er...um orange perhaps, since they taste the same?

altan

Stunt Coordinator
The taste of chicken can probably be represented by a 3-tuple including texture, flavor, temperature. For example

Fchicken(texture,flavor,tempature)

Flavor itself might be a 4-tuple including (sweet, sour, bitter, salty) where each is a number in the range [0,1]. We could use Celsius for temperature. Texture... again a number [0,1] where 0 is glass-like and 1 is sharp as hell.

Of course each of us would need to apply his or her own "perception" translation to accommodate for the imperfections of the individuals taste buds. Call this T.

So if you give me your T, I could perform T(Fchicken) and know what you think chicken tasks like.

;) ;) ;)

... Altan

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Anybody ever try California Pizza Kitchen's frozen barbeque-chicken pizza? Goes well with Tecate. It at least makes me feel warm and bright at the same time.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
My better half loves the CPK frozens. Tried the Thai; not bad! Will check out the BBQ chicken.

I wonder: does BBQ chicken taste like BBQ orange?

I like Grolsch w/ my CPK.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Grolsch! That's the ticket. Haven't had any of that fine Eurobrew in years. Thanks for the suggestion. It's an analytical but tasty beer which does weird and wunnerful things to the soundstage in my noggin.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Grolsch. Made in zero-crystal copper kettles. Warm when left standing at room temperature. Neutral when drunk in sufficient quantities. Bright is what you'll be when you have a designated driver. Hmmmmm...maybe we need a designated listener?

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
It's a very utilitarian brew: drink, and then use the lovely, ceramic-capped bottle as a oil and vinegar decanter...

or...

use it as a Shakti Stone. The audiophiles who visit your home will appreciate it! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks