What's new

Is this too much for Paradigm? (1 Viewer)

Arron H

Second Unit
Craig,

Where did you get your studio 20s? I am planning on making the trip to BC and will probably only have a day, so I don't want to waste too much time driving around. Where are the best places to shop? Thanks

OK comrades, this is the best I could do, 17% off MSRP which translates to $660 discount for the 60's, 20's, CC, and Servo 15. I feel sorry for anyone that doesn't haggle as much as I did. Heck, I know it's not as good as the Canadian prices but at least I didn't have to pay MSRP or worst yet, over MSRP, which I wouldn't doubt many people do, considering the amount of haggline I had to do. Hope you guys do better.

Consider yourself lucky if you live near or in Canada.

Wish you the best of luck. Now I need to put it all together once I get the reciever (Yamaha RXV-2200 is in the mail), speaker wires, and wall brackets. Can't wait!

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
It's funny, mostly for HT stuff, it sucks to be in Canada cause I have to get all my stuff from the States.. It's nice for a change to get a good deal, especially with our pathetic dollar...
Arron,
email me at [email protected] and I will tell you where to go to see my buddy! His is the manager at our local authorized Paradigm dealer!

Ryan Schonfeld

Auditioning
Are there any issues with customs when bringing them into the States. If so how do you guys get around this.

Is there any way to mail order?

Thanks Tony.

Sales tax totaled to $263 (same as NYC 8.25%). The discount I mentioned was the difference before taxes. Unfortunately, those stinking taxes have to be paid.

Marc H

Second Unit
We have the Stereo Plus discount chain here in the Ottawa area too.

People go back and forth between the different locations getting better prices. I often hear of discounts in the 25 to 30% range.

Sebastien David

Second Unit
that would be kinda unfair to the salespeople though.

i'd go to Stereo Plus, ask them to give you their best deal, then try to get the same at another smaller store with better service, just to try and encourage them, a sale is a sale. if they don't want to, then buy at Stereo Plus!

but don't go back and forth several times, it might save you a couple bucks, but the salesperson will really resent you.

Marc H

Second Unit
Sebastien,
Happens all the time. I sell Paradigm at our shop too. We are an independant shop and have to price match the discount chain stores on Paradigm everyday.
No sense getting upset about it though, that's the way business is on the mass market brands.
Competition is good for the buyers, everyone likes cheap prices. Paradigm probably loves it too :)

Sebastien David

Second Unit
hey, I wouldn't get upset if someone came to me and was straightforward about it: "look, I got X price at Stereo Plus, can you at least match it? if not, I'm sorry but I'm going to buy from them"

it makes things easier. what I don't like is people who go back and forth without necessarily telling you, making you lower the price more and more every time... bad for business, cuz you end up selling for next to nothing above the cost!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks