Is this the Home Depot Speaker cable from The Absolute Sound?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Steven Larson, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Steven Larson

Steven Larson Stunt Coordinator

Mar 9, 2004
    Model 02408-88-03

This 14/3 AWG cord is UL listed and meets OSHA requirements for an outdoor use extension cord. It is a medium-duty cord made up of a vinyl jacket which resists moisture, abrasion, and prolonged exposure to sunlight. This cord is ideal for drills, routers, grinders, sanders and other tools and equipment.

Internet/Catalog # 300816
    Store SKU# 277541

Price: $13.99/ea

I couldn't put a direct link to the page, since you end up going to a page asking for your email address.

I read the review at, and it sounds like it is darned good speaker wire for the cost.

2. TimMc

TimMc Stunt Coordinator

Dec 30, 2002
    That stuff's not bad at all. However, I believe that the true HD afficionado will likely spring for the 50' 15amp neon yellow extension cord.

And I quote: "Meets OSHA requirements for outdoor use. America's premier extension cord, polar/solar plus is light weight and stays flexible to -67 deg. F. Its rugged insulation provides superior resistance to abrasion, ozone, oil, grease, and chemicals. Plus, the outer jacket is flame retardant and water resistant."

It's only real drawback is the Tprene jacket - not the SJOW ultra-flexible rubber variety. That, and the rain slicker color...

Hey - it's wire! It's 12AWG (or 14, in the case of that orange outdoor extension cord). From the available commentary, that orange-clad stuff just may be the same product used by Quad to demonstrate their speakers. And it survived The Absolute Sound.

Now if only the neon yellow stuff glowed in the dark...

(stupid typo)