What's new

Is this the end of Apex or what? (1 Viewer)

Robert Woods

Stunt Coordinator
There's a post now over on nerd-out:
http://www.nerd-out.com/forum/viewto...10&start=15&21
Feb 8, 2002 there was an auction of 200,000 apex products, and at least according to the auction brochure
there was a pallet of the 7701 DVD players. Unless J&R bought that batch, somebody else is going to be
selling them soon. $5000 entry deposit, so I didn't go, and haven't found any news about it either. I expect to
see a batch of product dumped soon though. The auction was a credit action by the Hub Group, which I think
are distributors.
Does anyone else have any more info on this? The 7701 which was supposed to be an 'all inclusive' DVD has gotten very bad write-ups and may also be behind this. Supposedly J&R has also had very significant return problems.

WesleyHester

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Hester
I know the Hub Group. They are a transportation company that mainly ship in the continental United States via railcars. They handle some of the shipments from our paper mill. They make pickups with their container trucks and then offload them onto railcars in Atlanta for shipment all over. I no longer work in the traffic/shipping department but when I did, we had trouble with on-time delivery because of them. Just before I left, the problem was being righted.
Check out this web page covering Apex at CES 2002:
http://www.smr-home-theatre.org/ces2.../page_05.shtml
Notice the following:
The by-now-famous, but elusive, AD-7701 about which we were first to break the news from CES last year. Steve Brothers, Apex Senior VP, told me at the Apex press conference that they had been having supply problems with this model, but they were now solved, so more units are becoming available.
That’s right, everyone has had a hard time getting the 7701 even with Apex already planning the release of the 7702.
What’s really going on behind the scenes? Who knows? May be a buyer refused delivery. It’s really anyone’s guess.
P. S. Unfortunately, it isn’t one of the best players out there. But with its feature set and price ratio, no one should expect too much anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks