What's new

Is this the end for "That 70's Show"? (1 Viewer)

R

RossTerry

jim,

after red starts having the arm pains they cut to commercial. then during the credits they show kelso, hyde, and fez standing near the water. they said red was ok but would be in the hospital for a while then fez throws a bottle with a message into the water (to his home country) saying he would not be returning home and that man had walked on the "big face" (the moon). kelso says something like "yeah, that'll make it there"

thats about it

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I think they gotta be in the 80's already. Didn't the first season end with Star Wars references? That was in '77. How long has the show been on?

Ric

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I don't think they're going in "real time" (i.e., a season equals a year). The kids were high school when the series started, and that was 5 years ago. Time moves slowly in Point Place... ;)

Lee L

Supporting Actor
The license plate at the end has changed over the years, the last time I checked it did say 78 or 79 when the show started I'm pretty sure it was 76.

Rocky F

Second Unit
That "real time" element is one of the things that made me start this thread in the first place, but my local TV guide magazine said in their blurb, that they were graduating as part of the class of '78. Now, I didn't see that backed up anywhere on the show, but I guess that would give them a couple of more years, but it's only been a year since they saw Star Wars!

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The tag on the license plate at the end of the opening credits is '78.

They graduated (or didn't ;) ) as the Class of 1978.

One season of this show does not cover one year "our time", and I see no reason it should. Unless they are like 30 and still playing 19-20. The show so far has covered about 2 years.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
OMG... I hadn't watched the show regularly since that first season! When I saw a promo of them Graduating... I assumed it was from Community College!

Ric

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
I'm amazed that the last post about this show's status was from three years ago. I revived it on account of the last episode of the series being next week. Will anybody be watching that, and did anyone catch the retrospective episode called "The Final Goodbye" which airred this past week? I guess a lot of people probably missed it because they were watching "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office". It was about 90 minutes long, and I missed "My Name Is Earl" to watch some of it, but I didn't see the whole thing because I was watching "The Office". I loved this show when it started in 1998 and lost interest over the years, but it was always fun to watch once in awhile, and I'll watch the last episode since those newer shows I mentioned have wrapped up their seasons.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yes, I am (was) a fan of 70's show. I am sad to see it end, but I agree it is time.

The retrospective show really makes it look like all the actors had a great time.

It also looks like Eric wont part of the last episode. That sort of sucks. I wonder what happened to Toper?

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I never watched this show in its prime, but I've been catching up on reruns on FX, and they're hilarious.

Comparing the older shows to this season, it definitely looks like it went on at least a season too long. Too bad.

No Topher in the finale? I thought he was going to be in it.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
If he is, they did a good job of hiding it in the retrospective. You never saw him in any of the behind the scene stuff or the final bow.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I always loved this show. But I think this season has been way below the quality of earlier seasons.

It's a shame that the end of the show doesn't seem to be about Eric and Donna. All the cast has been great over the years, but at it's core That 70's Show has always been about these two.

If Topher was set on leaving last year, they should have strongly considered ending it then instead of dragging it out for just one more year and ending without Eric.

Well, I hope the end does the show justice. I'm hoping for some drinking, sex, 360 pot smoking, stealing, dumbass comments from Kelso, and as little Randy as possible.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
That70sCentral.com lists Topher Grace as a guest star for the finale, as have other sources. One article mentioned that the Eric-Donna plot is tied up nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks