What's new

Is this speaker placement frowned upon? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I've got a long narrow room for the HT with two rows of seats. The rear speakers are not far enough back to be behind the second row and they won't go any further back. Right now I've got a 5.1 amplifier, but may move up to a 6.1 next year.
For now my crazy idea is to put two speakers on the back wall (like in a 7.1 system) and run each one in series (or parallel, which ever is best) with a current rear speaker, making each pair play the same thing. That way the back row people would have surround sound as well. Is this crazy or unheard of? If I move up to a 6.1 amp I would keep them in place and use them as a 7.1 setup as I cannot have a single rear in the middle of that wall on accound of a window.
jeremy

John H

Second Unit
I use 2 pairs of surrounds in a 5.1 system. 1 pair on the sidewalls directly across from the listening position. The other pair is on the rear wall.
In the past I have run each pair in parallel from 1 amplifier channel.
I currently use seperate amplifiers for each pair. Both have input gain controls. This allows me to tweak the balance relationship of each pair.
John
------------------
Link Removed

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
What's the best way to wire them up to my existing amp? Can I just stick two sets of wire into each terminal or use a Y splitter or what?
jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks