1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this setup too much for an apartment?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeAlletto, May 8, 2002.

1. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

Ok, I'm thinking of getting PSB Image 6T for the mains, 9C for center and 2B's for the surrounds. Running it will be a Sony DA5ES. I'm pretty much set on the receiver, but are the speakers too much for a relatively small apartment? Its a 1200 sq ft total apartment. The living room is about 13.5ft wide and about 18 ft long. Its actually a lot airier with tall ceilings and open spaces.
    So what do you all think? Should I go with a 5T, 8C and 1B?
    Any and all opinions welcomed [​IMG]
    Thanks!

2. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

I see speaker placement and tuning to be a factor with small areas. Also, the more furniture that has to be in the room the more it might affect the sound. I don't think speakers can be TOO good/big for a small room, there's just practicality in living space and comfort that's involved.

If I was to build a sound room I'd actually want it to be small with sound treatment and little/NO furniture in the room.

Keep in mind, there's always that volume control so the biggest of speakers can sound like smaller ones in any room.