What's new

Is this problem correctable? (1 Viewer)

Manuel Parrado

Stunt Coordinator
On "Convergence 1" on my Panasonic 53wx52, the first adjustment you make is labeled as "green" and is simply a thin green cross in the middle of the screen going from the center to the edges of the screen. There are four tiny marks on the inside of the bezel to line up with each leg of the cross.
When I center the cross as much as I can, I notice the upper leg of the cross is offset to the right of the marker and the lower leg is offset to the right. In other words, the screen is slightly rotated clocwise from center.
Is this a geometry problem correctable through the service menu or otherwise?
Thanks

Jael

Agent
Mine too was just slightly off but the solution for me was easier than not. I pushed on the frame of the set and noticed it has a little give. Apparently when the handlers had dropped the set off they had pushed the screen frame out of alignment. When I pushed (gently of course!) the frame back my lines are once again dead center.

Hope this helps!

Manuel Parrado

Stunt Coordinator
Many thanks Jael.
I too considered the possibility of the frame not being properly aligned but dared not mess with it.
But now you have given me the courage to do it.
I'll get on it tonight when I get home :emoji_thumbsup: !
Regards

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
yes, all gross geometry errors are correctable via the service menu.

Gregg

Manuel Parrado

Stunt Coordinator
That's good to know Gregg because I managed to correct the rotation issue by Jael's suggestions but still the whole green cross is offset from the center of the screen.

When I gather courage to go into the service menu, I'll get on it.

What scares me is if I ever need warranty service and the tech notices I went into the service menu he might refuse to honor the warranty.

Is this the way it usually works?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks