What's new

Is this possible for under $350? (1 Viewer)

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Is it ppossible to get a scaler that would take my DirecTV input(svideo) an scale it to 16:9 and output it either svideo or component?

I am kinda sensitive to the stretch mode on my HDTV, and was thinking this might be a good idea until all stations are transmitting in 16:9.

earle

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
You might look on this site:

http://www.avtoolbox.com/

There is also a product called the "IScan Pro" that you may be able to find on eBay for that price.

But most of these box's do scaling, not 'stretch' modes.

You will also have the problem that these box's will do analog->digital->(processing)->analog conversion, then feed your televisions which will do analog->digital->(processing)->display.

That's a lot of conversion & processing. And your source? A video signal designed in the 1940's for a 9" black and white tube, processed digitally to go to a sat system and then converted back to analog at your SVideo jack.

That's at least 3 total conversions, not to mention compression in the sat system.

You might solve your stretch mode issue, but get poor picture quality. Then again, it could work fine.

If you do buy one of these box's, try and get it from a place with a good return policy. And please, let us know the results good or bad.

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Thanks for the link. I might try one of the scalers, if I do I will get back to here a post my results

Earle

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks