What's new

Is this one of the fastest theater-to-DVD releases yet? (1 Viewer)

Sean G

Auditioning
The Madonna movie only opened on 195 screens or something. How could it make any money? I'll see it on DVD. A rental.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Didn't Final Fantasy (good movie acually) get a rather fast quick release as well? Didn't like the look of this movie, since I hate Miss Love as a singer and actor.

Steven K

Supporting Actor
I'm going with "Sweet Home Alabama." Just released a few weeks back, and this past weekend, I saw a copy of it (on DVD) for sale from a street vendor in Chinatown. :D

NickFoley

Stunt Coordinator
Its one of the quickest that I can remember. But, 2001's big summer releases had 4 to 5 month gaps between theater and DVD release.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The Madonna movie only opened on 195 screens or something. How could it make any money?
You're confusing cause and effect. The reason it is on so few screens is that the studio and theater owners judged that it wouldn't have much audience appeal. If they thought this thing had "hit" rather than "bomb" written all over it, it would be in more theaters.

Regards,

Joe

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Didn't Final Fantasy (good movie acually) get a rather fast quick release as well?
Final Fantasy came out in mid-July and DVD hit in October. It was pretty fast yes

I said earlier in the thread that "Christian Apocalyptic Thrillers" don't count because they release to video and theaters at the same time to maximize profits.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks