Is this not a TL enclosure?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Travis G, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Travis G

Travis G Stunt Coordinator

It seems that Bose is taking credit for inventing the Transmition Line. They are calling it a "Wave Guide" and making outragous claims like "no audible distortion."
    Wave Guide Tec
    How can they leagally get away with this? [​IMG]

2. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

That is utter crap. Thye actually have an infomercial for that waveguide music system, their marketing is just stupid, yet they sell the most speakers. I read a big topic on Bose, and it said how the company has stricts outlines for how thier systems can be set up at dealers, and can only be demoed with certain cd's. HAHAHAHAHAHA

3. Hank Frankenberg

Hank Frankenberg Cinematographer

Yes, and they have patents on it as it's a unique implementation with mods. However, what gets to most of us who know quality sound is the fact that Bose advertising money has convinced the masses that Bose is quality sound. While it upsets me to no end, you gotta admire thier marketing success - it's a benchmark.

Utter is a good word.

4. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

*sigh*

Truely sad.

5. Michael R Price

Michael R Price Screenwriter

Yeah, Bose is one of the smartest audio companies out there. While their products are total crap for the most part... that's not what matters to shareholders. What matters is money, and Bose is raking it in.

By the way, I'm also surprised at the legal clout Bose has (they've been winning some pretty outrageous patent and ad-infringement lawsuits. I think they won a suit against Theil because they tried to name a speaker with a decimal number like 2.2 or something.) I wouldn't be surprised if Bose could somehow defend their 'waveguide' system by claiming that all TLs are 'ripped off' on a larger scale, or something.

6. Hank Frankenberg

Hank Frankenberg Cinematographer

So, Michael, are you suggesting that the BoseBuster system that Brian and I are designing should be renamed? [​IMG]

7. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Hank,
    How about Bose Crusher?[​IMG]
    Brian

8. Michael R Price

Michael R Price Screenwriter

No, don't rename it, it'd be funny if someone from Bose actually contacted you guys about it.