Is this good price for a used XBOX?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Patrick Sun, Sep 21, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

A co-worker is looking to sell their slightly used XBOX for $90, good price? No games are included.

2. Ken Chui

Ken Chui Supporting Actor

Will s/he stand by their product, i.e. offer a refund if it's defective in any way? I think it's a very good price if everything is fully functional; the only caveat I can think of is whether or not it uses a Thompson DVD-ROM drive, as these are the most likely to be problematic.

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Slightly used with controller? A great price for $90. And just fyi I bought mine on launch, it has a Thompson drive and I rarely ever get dirty disc issues. Only on some random DVDs from Netflix.

4. Leo

Leo Second Unit

Pat: The price is fair - I assume it includes box, manual, cables, controller (is the controller a large or small one?). Plans to mod it? Or just play some online games?

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Well, I was just entertaining the thought of an XBOX, but I'm not sure I can spare the time with the new fall TV season now starting up again. At least it appears to be a decent deal (though I have no idea about which drive in installed, or the controller size). I'll probably hold off (unless the co-worker keeps dropping the price ...) Thanks!

6. Leo

Leo Second Unit

Pat - give in to the dark side. [​IMG] But seriously, remind me to stop by soon with my modded Xbox to tempt you with.

Ok back to new episode of Law & Order.