1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this good for my receiver? please reply quickly

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Babek, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Babek

Babek Stunt Coordinator

Here are some thx certified component video cables, and i'm wondering how they compare to my current matrix series ultralink component video cables.
    please reply quickly, thanks

2. Jagan Seshadri

Jagan Seshadri Supporting Actor

They are good quality cables. So are Ultralinks.

Unless you think the Ultralinks are bad, stay with what you have and spend the $30 on a DVD or two.

-JNS

3. Babek

Babek Stunt Coordinator

the ultralinks are good, but i'm wondering what THX certified would do with the matrix cables, anyone know?

4. Babek

Babek Stunt Coordinator

does anyone know the thx certification does?

5. James Zubb

James Zubb Stunt Coordinator

THX certification doesn't DO anything. It just means that the company paid THX to certify their cables.

The criteria by which THX certifies cables include:
    • Audio cable electrical specifications for insertion loss and bandwidth to minimize frequency response deviations and signal losses, given a usage length.
    • A widely recognized color coding standard for easy channel recognition and simplified polarization.
    • Jacket printing of vital information to indicate polarity, grounding location and usage length limits.
    • Mechanical specifications for connection integrity insuring cabling’s longevity and reliability.
    • Video cable electrical specifications for insertion loss and bandwidth to preserve color purity and picture detail and stability.

Doesn't mean that non-THX cables do not meet these criteria.

6. Oakley

Oakley Auditioning

I have an additional question since we are talking cables. Would it make a difference in sound or video quality switching my current s-video and opitical cables to a "so called" better cable like Monster cables? A co-worker says it would make a difference, but I'm not so sure. [​IMG]

7. Ottis Fletcher

Ottis Fletcher Stunt Coordinator

They are good cables and $30 is a good price for them. Did you win the auction?