1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Is this echo normal?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Sekki, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Sekki

Sekki Auditioning

David
    Hey everyone just signed up just now and hoping to get some answers since I'm a noobie with speaker systems.

I recently purchased a Refurbished Klipsch RP-140SA upfiring Atmos speaker pair and as the title of this post states is this echo normal? Bought 5 speakers along with the RP-140SA and only the Atmos speakers have this lingering sound after music/movies are paused. Need to know so I can figure out if I should return these Refurbished speakers. Hopefully the echo comes through and you can hear it. Thanks!

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John
    There's absolutely zero chance this is caused by the speakers. It's physically impossible, as far as I can think of, for a speaker to produce a sound that isn't sent to it. The receiver is most likely set to some kind of processing mode with a lot of ambiance in it.

Sekki likes this.
  3. Sekki

Sekki Auditioning

David
    THANK YOU! Since you told me that it isn't speaker related and probably the receiver it made me realize what I changed when I set it up. I had a thing called accureflex on that was causing it.

4. Bob Bielski

Bob Bielski Second Unit

Robert Bielski
    once again John you are helping a newbee