Is this DVD Rot?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by RyanAn, May 20, 2006.

1. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, I'm kind of worried.

I have been watching my just opened from the store copy of Pyscho, 1998, and everything has been fine until I got to chapter #10. For the first few seconds of scene, everything is fine, and then when you see characters exchange dialouge, there is no sound and only background noise. The previous chapters all were fine and showed nothing out of the normal.

All the background material is noticeable and present, and I made sure the language selection was correct. I would appreciate any help, thank you.

Hopefully it is just an error on my part, thanks again.

Ryan

2. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

Sorry if this took up anyone's time... I figured out that it was one of my DVD player's that was actually not presenting both the background and the main dailouge. I still have no idea why it would not present both...

Maybe I should change the name of this thread to "Is this DVD Player Rot?" lol.

Thanks again,

Ryan

3. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Cinematographer

There may be a slight defect on the disk that on some players prevented picking up the dialog of the desired language. This could be a production defect that affects all copies of that title.

Try switching to another language and see if the dialog is picked up at that place on that chapter.

Video hints:
    http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm