Is this dealer legit?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Berube, Aug 9, 2001.

1. Steve Berube

Steve Berube Auditioning

I have settled on getting a Toshiba 65h81 HDTV and have found an e-retailer whose price seems to good to be true - $2795 including shipping - has anyone had any experience with Continentaltrade.com - they are based in NYC - I'd love some advice before I risk that much money - thanks

2. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

That company has done business with several people here on the net and the results seem to be positive.
    Also, it apparently is the case that Toshiba will service your TV regardless of where you bought it. My Panasonic would only be serviced if I bought it from an authorized dealer, but I guess Tosh's policy is much more lax.
    Good luck!
    ------------------
    My dealer of choice (especially if you live in So-Cal, I highly recommend them): www.yawaonline.com

Click here for their www.audiosurvey.com reviews

3. Wes M

Wes M Auditioning

I was also ready to purchase from Continental Trading a 50H81 unit, but after ready a series of posts about how poor their serice is, (Check out The Home Theater SPot! and AVSurvey for other opinions) I decided that it wasn't worth it.
    I contacted the local Sear's store and they were willing to do a price match, if only they had a set to sell me. Oh well, my search continues.