Is this connection possible

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by James L White, Feb 29, 2004.

1. James L White

James L White Supporting Actor

run an S-Video cable & RCA audio cables from the my DirecTV receiver into my DVD recorder thats' on order (Samsung DVD-R4000, then connect the DVD recorder to my HT receiver using S Video and optical digital cables, if so will I have to turn on the recorder and how would I change from DVD to TV(sat mode)

The other way to do this is to use an S_video splitter and connect the DirecTv receiver to the Recorder and HT receiver and separate connections, but I'm worried about the a/v degrading.

Thanks for the help gays (and gals)[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Generally, recorders have both a input/output. When turned off, the input signal simply passes through to the output. When turned on, it works similar, but when you play the inserted media, the recorder shows you the recorded output. When you stop playback, you see the input again.

This means you dont need a splitter.

The only tricky part is if you pass in L/R analog audio, the recorder may NOT convert it to digital. So you might need to use L/R analog audio through the recorder to your HT.

Does that make sense?

3. James L White

James L White Supporting Actor

thanks Bob, about the audio,I might use the RCA audio to connect the recorder for my TV audio( HT's RCA in- in TV inputs), and use optical cable for DVD audio(into HT's optical in-DVD input)possible to do that, so if you're right no splitter is needed at all right, I sure hope so, that be the easiest way.[​IMG]