is this cartoon on dvd?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sam E. Torres, Nov 3, 2002.

1. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

i have been wondering for a while now if one of my favorite cartoon shorts was out on dvd. it features a little owl singing "i like to singa, about the moona and the juna and the springa!" and he runs away to a radio contest. the track was used on the very first episode of south park. sorry if i posted this in the wrong section, i'm just curious if this has a dvd release either out or in the foreseeable future. thank you.

2. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

Its a Looney Tunes and I think its called "I like to Singa". I just watched this the other day on LD. Great cartoon.

3. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    No LT/MM DVDs yet, but this is one of the cartoons which are hard to find on video.

It's on some laserdisc sets, but it hasn't been on VHS since Turner made a tape in the 1980's.

However, there is a rumor The Jazz Singer will be on DVD next year and the LD of it included this cartoon. It would make a great supplements, so who knows.

4. Roger Rollins

Roger Rollins Supporting Actor

The cartoon is called I LOVE TO SINGA.
    Patrick is wrong about the VHS availability. It was most recently available as part of the VHS collection "THE GOLDEN AGE OF LOONEY TUNES" released by the old MGM/UA and Turner in 1992. (It was on Vol. 1 of the LD boxed sets too)
    Copies of that now o/o/p VHS set still pop up on eBay.