What's new

Is this burn-in?? (1 Viewer)

Doug Kennedy

Auditioning
On my Toshiba 50H82 there is a horizontal white line running through the middle of the screen to both sides.

I did the 56 pt convergence a couple of days before and I would work on it for 15-20 minutes and then watch a 1.85 disc for 20-30 minutes before continuing again. I did this about 5 or 6 times and now the line comes up. I'm not sure if I've seen it previous to this but it is fairly noticeable when it is daylight in a movie or when there is an explosion.

Would you guys say this is burn-in? I thought it wasn't because it's only one line and not the whole grid. Also, could I have squeezed the convergence too much? After doing the 56 pt, I had to lower the height of the picture because everything was stretched.

Oh yeah, one more question: Are you supposed to reset the 9 pt convergence before doing the 56 pt? I was looking into doing it on my friends 50HDX82 and I wanted to know if that's needed.

Thanks in Advance...

EDIT: By the way this is not related to the ghosting vertical line on the Toshibas.

Doug Kennedy

Auditioning
A Ha!!! Fixed it myself. Noticed that the picture looked squished so I adjusted Horizontal Height (HIT in the service menu). Fixed the squishing problem and the lines went away! I guess there was some overlapping of the CRT's or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks