Is this burn in or something else? (40H80)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Travis Braddy, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Travis Braddy

I have a Toshiba 40H80 and about two weeks ago, while watching Evolution, I noticed something pretty horrid... looks like possible burn-in. On dark scenes, such as the Dreamwork's logo-scroll and in the caves, I noticed a bar across the top, about 2 inches wide, spanning the entire top of the screen, it was considerably darker than the rest of the screen, and it seems to be exactly where the lines from a 2.35:1 movie would be. I didn't notice it at the bottom, however. I'm pretty worried, the TV hasn't been used that much, maybe a total of 50 movies watched on it, and I keep the brightness/contrast settings very low, I think it's 34C/27B right now (I only watch it at night). To be honest, I was excited when I first bought the TV, but I don't know if I made the wrong choice. I really need to have it ISF'd, but money has been increasingly tight (playing daysitter for grandma is rough), has anyone else experienced this, is it something fixable? It'll probably be my luck that I'll have to get a whole new tv. [​IMG]

2. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Cinematographer

I do not think it is burn in. Ordinarily, if burn in occurs, it will be the middle of the screen/CRT's that is darker because of more utilization of the phosphors there.
    Video hints:
    http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm