What's new

Is this bad for my router? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Hey all, Just last weekend I bought my new router/XBL set-up kit and have been enjoying online gameplay from my X-Box. The one catch with this et-up is that currently until I drill a hole in the wall I have to constantly unplug my cat5 cable from the back of the router and re-insert it everytime I want to play. What I'm wondering is, does this at all hurt the router? so far everything seems okay but could it harm this stuff? thanks.

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
It wont damage the router.

I have seen sections of cable stop working if they are mishandled (like rolling over them with your office chair etc). If anything stops working, I bet it would be the cable.

I think you will be fine.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Well, you could wear out the RJ45 jack eventually but it would require hundreds or thousands of pluggings and unpluggings. You should be ok as long as you don't wait years before drilling the hole.

KJP

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Thanks, I expect this to only last until sometime next week when I drill the hole and make it permanent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks