is this an ok cheap digital camera?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Wilcox, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

http://ww2.onecall.com/PID_18785.htm

canon powershot A10

i probably won't be printing many photos at all...just for takin random pictures and storing them on the computer or sending them by email...

2. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    That's a pricey camera if all you're looking to do is take some random pictures. My $30 Vivitar vivicam takes pictures which i can email or store on the computer. It's not as fancy as the powershot (no zoom, no flashcards, and i wouldn't dare take it 100 feet underwater) but it suits my needs.

3. Jason Wilcox

thanks carl

by random photos i guess i mean a lot of outdoor, nature type scenes...or just whatever interesting scenes catch my eye...i was considering the canon A40 but the A10 seems to be plenty for my needs...i'm also lookin for a camera that will ease me into photography as i really don't have any experience with it at all

oh...is it allright to use NiCd rechargable batteries with a digital camera?

4. Jason Wilcox

anyone have any experience with the powershot A10?

5. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Canon makes some great camera's, as I have owned the Powershot S30, G2, and now the G3. I highly recommend any of their offerings. While you can save a lot like Carl said with his suggestion, the quality is going to suck...hard. The A10 will give you nice shots without breaking the bank. If you want manual features such as adjustable shutter and aperture, white balance, etc etc then I'd suggest upgrading the the S320 or the higher end, but still cheap, S30/S45.