Is this a Lunchbox I see before me?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Lance Nichols, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

Is this a lunch box I see before me, the handle toward my hand? Come let me clutch thee...

To paraphrase the great bard, I have been presented with what I feared was a vision tempting me to do evil, but no. It really is the long missing My So-Called Life lunch box, including the bonus disc!

Nearly two years (IIRC) after buying the set, I finally got the lunch box and the bonus disc. I feel a little less ripped off now.....

2. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    You have got to be kidding? They are making good by this finally?

3. Lance Nichols

No kidding! I read on the MSCL forum that some people had received the vaunted set. I eventually located a means to contact the company (sent Ross and email which is screened by a "spam screener"), and after about a week they replied to me with the usual, we are shipping it soon, claimed they didn't have my shipping address, etc.

Then I heard nothing, I gave up, again. Then this morning there was a package from anotheruniverse.com. I opened it up, it was a lunch box, and it rattled. Opening it up, fearing breakage, I saw a keep case with the bonus disc inside!

I really can't believe it still!

4. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    Be sure to watch the tear-jerker christmas episode. Bring hankies

Unfortunately, I did not order the AU copy(set). Looks as if I can get one for about $150

5. Lance Nichols

Zen, you can get the sets retail, without the lunchbox and bonus disc for a lot less then that (about 60 $CAN IIRC), and with out the hassle/pain of dealing with AU.com

6. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    1) What the heck is an "MCSL"?

2) Lance: Among classically trained actors it is considered very bad luck to quote or paraphrase what the Brits call "The Scottish Play" unless you are actually rehearsing or performing it. (In the U.K. they won't even speak the name of the play or that of the title character. Americans tend to let that go, but draw the line at speaking or paraphrasing the lines, although some follow the British practice. I'm not sure which camp the Canadians usually fall into in this respect.) Personally I stick with "The Scottish Play", myself. Can't be too careful. So watch your back. [​IMG]

Regards,

Joe

7. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

My So Called Life...

8. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

Shouldn't the header of the post be revised to mention that it's referring to "My So-Called Life"?

9. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino
    It is a clever header and will attact attention. I just wish that the first post had contained one instance of the complete title. I think it is silly to expect people to read your mind when you refer to things soley by their initials. At the full title should always be used once, then the abbreviation can be used because it is clear from the context. (Some abbreviations like "IBM" or "KFC" have become the official names of the things they refer to, and handful of movies had abbreviations that are close to being that recognizable. But 90% of the movies and TV shows mentioned on the HTF don't fall into this category.)

Even fans of My So-Called Life might not immediately recognize it from just the initials.

Regards,

Joe

10. Lance Nichols

Joseph, you are right. I have edited the post to reflect that. I am now (and always have been) referring to My So-Called Life.

I still can't believe I actually have the long promised bonus materials. I have not spun the disc yet, was thinking of doing that tomorrow, along with the Christmas episode.

11. Lance Nichols

I just pulled the receipt for the order. I placed the oder on the February 12 2002. The complete set was supposed to ship in June/July of '02. I got the discs about 4 weeks or so after they started appearing on retail shelves, and nearly a year after I received the discs, I get the bonus stuff....

12. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Producer
    Supporter

You are referring to MacBeth aren't you? Will I be struck by lightening or something now? [​IMG]

13. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

I'll tell you in a minute. I just want to put a little more distance between us. I'd recommend that anyone sitting near you do the same. [​IMG]

Regards,

Joe

14. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler

Yes, I'm aware of this. I've seen the box set. Instead I have Netflixed it though, with the anticipation of finding a lunchbox set. Now that you have the bonus disc Lance, I will wait to see what you think of it. A lunchbox set would run me about double the U.S. dollars of the standard set.

15. ShaunS

ShaunS Stunt Coordinator

What's on the bonus disc?

16. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    Yes Lance, fill us in on the bonus disc when you watch it, please.

17. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    Sorry, had to bump this for another member who couldn't find it.