Is this a good tv? Samsung TXN3245FP

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Thomas H G, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

Samsung 32" Enhanced Definition Digital TV Monitor

I was wondering if I could get some advice on this set.

My friend is wanting to buy a tv and has said that he is willing to spend about $800. The link is for the Circuit City website. I was hoping to get some opinions on it from professionals. Should he save some more of his money and get something better? Is Samsung a bad brand? Could he do better with a different brand?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Do a search here on this set you should get some info on it. Also there is a lot of info on it over at www.hometheaterspot.com under "Samsung" If I remember right this is the set that can be turned into an HDTV set but there was some question about how good the power supply was.
    Also read the reviews over at Circuit City's website.

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Also check the Sony vs Samsung post there is some info on it.

4. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

Thanks Bill. I've read the reviews on the CC website. I just read the Song v Samsung thread. Interesting stuff in that thread. I can't seem to find any info on the hometheaterspot site.

What I've read soo far, it looks to be a pretty good tv for the money. I haven't seen anything better for the 800 he plans to spend.

5. Stephen_Ri

Stephen_Ri Stunt Coordinator

I have the 27" version of this set and am very happy with it except for one thing. There are transparent vertical bars going down the screen about an inch and a half wide. It seems to be a problem with these sets and bothers both composite and s-video, but fortunately not component. I'm waiting for a tech to come look at mine and see what he says. As mentioned above, the 32 inch version does seem to have a power supply problem; apparently the screen zooms in and out depending on how bright the scene is. I recommend that you look back several weeks on the home theater spot samsung forum, as this set was being discussed constantly. There is also a thread over at the www.avsforum.com in the direct view forum regarding the whole txn line. The set is a wonderfull deal if you can manage to get one without either of these problems, plus it will do 1080i.

6. Joe RZ

Joe RZ Stunt Coordinator

I would say go for it.Just bought it last week not having any of the problems people have been posting about.

But,there is a problem I'm having that nobody else is having.After connecting the component inputs I noticed a green tint to the screen while wathching a dvd.
    This does not effect the tv while watching cable.

Anybody care to take a guess at what is causing this?