Is this a good sub or could you please reccomend a different one thats good? thanks.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Wolert, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Mike Wolert

Mike Wolert Extra

JBL PB-12, 12" Powered Subwoofer 250 watt Floor Firing.
    I can get it for 250 + 65 bucks so $315 shipped. can u reccomend anything else around this price and size and wattage that is good or better then this? thanks you in advanced.
    Mike Wolert

2. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

What is your total budget? If you have something laying around you can use to power it with, look at the SVS line of CS subs. If not, the Adire Audio Rava may be a good buy. Perhaps a Padigm PDR-10 would work or Klipsch KSW-12.

3. Mike Wolert

Mike Wolert Extra

i say 350 shipped max is my budget

4. Mike Wolert

Mike Wolert Extra

ok i narrowed it down to the klipsch KSW-12 and the Paradigm PDR-12.
    which is better.
    klipsch got 4.65 avg on audioreview.com and the pardigm got 4.60 avg too close to judge by scores please help me decide as i am a newbie when it comes to subs thanks.

5. Mike Wolert

Mike Wolert Extra

any one?
    i want to buy this today online. i am leaning towards klipsch cause my freinds got klipsch speakers and a sub fo rhis computer and they kick @$$ and the klipsch is 440w and the paradigm is 330w. any replies would be appreciated big time!
    Mike

6. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

If you can get an extra $50 go with the svs 25-31...the klipsch and paradigm do not even come close.It was the best $400 I have spent on home theater equipment.All you would need and an old reciever to power it.You can almost always find an old reciever at good will to start with.
    If it is between the paradigm and klipsch,I would say the paradigm is better.I own all klipsch speakers but have no intrest in their current line of subs in that price range.
    ------------------

7. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

I forgot to mention,I think there is a velodyne in the ct series in that price range also.That would probably be beter than the klipsch or paradigm...even if it is the 8"er
    ------------------

8. Mike Wolert

Mike Wolert Extra

god damn this place sucks now no one replies as much

9. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Well geez, Mike, give it a chance.
    Here's what I offer....
    For $350, head over to ebay or the classifieds here at HTF or avsforum.com, and see if you can get a nice deal on a used Velodyne or Paradigm sub. Perhaps you could post a "wanted to buy add". I hear the Paradigm PDR subs are nice too.
    ------------------
    Chuck
    Chuckster's HT Equipment List

10. Mike Wolert

Mike Wolert Extra

sorry i jsut really want to order them tonight when my dads in the "mood" to spend money :p

11. Steve T

Steve T Stunt Coordinator

12. Mike Wolert

Mike Wolert Extra

well thanks anywayz i just ordered the klipsch 12 inch 440 watt one NEW for $305 including shipping total price. one hell of a deal if u ask me.
    peace
    Mike