What's new

Is this a good price for a Panasonic 47wx42? (1 Viewer)

Chris Chang

Stunt Coordinator
It's on sale for $1518 at Best Buy. They were offering to take off $150 if I bought the $300 service plan, which covers the tv for 4 years. Do I really need the service plan? Thanks for the help.

I think that is a decent price, at least at a retail store. I just picked up the same TV at HH-Gregg for $1375. Originally $1599-$150 coupon they were running and I talked them down another $75. I bought the 5yr service plan for $399.

-Nate

Normally I would never buy a service plan for any piece of electronic equipment. This is normally because the cost of the warranty doesn't match up against the cost of the repair/new piece of equipment in the unlikely event it fails outside the manufacturer's warranty period. With a projection TV, you don't want to be messing with sending the TV away etc. To have someone come out and look at your TV it can become pretty expensive, particularly if something needs to be replaced. A repair bill can easily run $600 for a RPTV.

Chances are you won't have any problems, but a little money up front for a warranty puts your mind at ease. HH-Gregg allows me to get a $200 credit towards a future purchase if I don't use their service over 5 years.

Chris Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the input. I think I'm just going to buy it there. I've been looking around and I haven't been able to find a better deal.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
WOW! Only ~$1200?? Too bad I don't live in South Florida. ;)
I guess I shouldn't complain since OneCall carries the 53WX42 for ~$1600, which is what I plan to do.
Enjoy!!
_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks