Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Justin Ward, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Justin Ward

Justin Ward Supporting Actor

My parents TV was recently fried by lightning and will need a replacement. I noticed a deal by IBM being adverised on TV. For $999(Canadian!) it gives you the following.
    samsung 27inch dyna-flat television(good to replace the 25inch quasar TV that got fried)
    a Samsung DVD player(not sure what model but it had mp3 playback and VCD capabilities, I think this would make a good DVD player for my parents).
    it also includes a 20 inch flat screen tv(could replace the crappy old GE tv in my bedroom I am using with my DVD player which only has Coax input.
    For $1000 Canadian this seems like a good deal to me! What do you think?

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

The 27" Samsung is a good tv (do a search on it there were plenty of posts about it) but if I was you I would go with a Panasonic dvd player instead of a Samsung for only a few dollars more, at least in the states.

3. Justin Ward

Justin Ward Supporting Actor

oops one thing I had wrong. The deal is not by IBM! It is by 'The Buck a Day Company'. I only thought this because one of thier commercials was advertising an IBM PC. Looking at the MSRPS the price of the two TVs alone is like 1300 bucks Canadian. They look like great TVs.