Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by john harshman, Aug 19, 2001.

1. john harshman

john harshman Stunt Coordinator

a sony wega kv36fs12 for $999
    or should i consider the jvc36d502 for the same price
    thanks
    john

2. Jason Caudill

Jason Caudill Stunt Coordinator

I have enjoyed my 36" D-Series for the last year and a half and I would definitely make the purchse again. I would say from my experience that the Wegas are extreemly unreliable and rather fragile. Unless a flat screen is a must pass on the 'S' series Wegas. If a flat screen is a must look at the Panasonic Tau Series. Unforutnatly it does not support 16:9 enhanced mode like the sony does but it is probably going to be a better set in the long run.

3. john harshman

john harshman Stunt Coordinator

anyone own the sony model? throw me a fricken bone here need the info
    thanks

4. KevinO

KevinO Stunt Coordinator

I had the 36FS13, but returned it. It suffered from the uneven brightness problem; most (if not all) of the S-series WEGAS do. I now have the 47" Panny, and couldn't be happier. I'm glad I didn't keep the WEGA. Other people have been extremely happy with the WEGA's.

5. Carol Curtis

Carol Curtis Stunt Coordinator

$999 for a 36 inch Wega is a great price unless it's a floor model, open box or used set. Are you sure it's not the 32 inch Wega? If it's new I would grab it over the JVC just because when you go to upgrade it will be a lot easier to sell a flat screen Sony than the JVC.