What's new

Is this a Good Deal? (1 Viewer)

kwagar

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith
Someone at work is selling the following:

1 - TN55X81 55" Toshiba RPTV (Paid 2500.00)
1 - Proscan Single Disc DVD Player (Paid 400.00)
1 - RPTV Entertainment Center (Paid 650.00)
1 - Harman Kardon AVR-65 (Paid 900.00)

He is selling the whole thing for 2500.00. It this a good deal.. What should the REAL selling price be?

Thanks for your help.

Kwagar

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
One of the best ways to determine value is to run a search for the products in ebay for completed auctions...this would give you a gauge for what others have paid.

I just ran a search for the TV and it's an older HD model. I wouldn't buy an HDTV unless it had a DVI or HDMI input and was HDCP compliant....future source componets will only show their HD..... will be copywrite protected with their digital signals (HDCP) and (at this point it appears) only TVs that can accept an HDCP signal will be able to show this signal. All of this may change, but that is the current synopsis.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't pay more then $1200 for that setup.
I sort of agree with the HDMI, DVI, but not for HDCP. Didn't that just about get kiled recently?

Wrong forum BTW!

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Mikey:

I hadn't read about HDCP getting negated...but would love to see an article or a link to an article talking about it. Thanks for any info.

Thanks

Ron

PS: Most of the stuff he is selling is out of date. I would invest my 2500 else where....for suggestions...that would be a whole another series of threads in the appropriate other forums. But, I would do some research first before posting follow up "general" questions on suggestions etc.

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
I agree with Mikey $1200 wouldnt be a bad deal. Some of the early Proscan (as well as others)DVD players didnt even have component outputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks