Is this a good deal? - URGENT

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DerekF, Jan 22, 2003.

1. DerekF

DerekF Stunt Coordinator

I have $5,000 CDN to spend, and a local dealer has suggested the following setup...I'd like your feedback on the price:

Integra DTR 5.3 Receiver
    Toshiba 50H82 RPTV
    Paradigm Focus x2
    Paradigm Atom x2
    Paradigm CC270
    Paradigm PDR-12

Total=$5,000 CDN, including taxes

Could you give me your thoughts?

Thanks!

2. Asim

Asim Stunt Coordinator

Derek,
    I am not sure about Canadian pricing, however, but have you actually listened to this setup? In my recent audio endeavors, the emphasis on listening and judging for yoruself can't be overstated. Don't let the loonie sign drive you, but let it follow your ears secondarily, which I know is difficult (i am having the same problem).
    - asim

3. DerekF

DerekF Stunt Coordinator

Oh yeah, all auditioned against other brands/models etc. My problem is I forgot to ask for a breakdown on the prices....That, and I have $5K CAD on the nose to spend...

4. Chris Quinn

Chris Quinn Screenwriter

I don't know how that breaks down per component but I suspect that you might want to audition Totem Dreamcatcher(www.totemacousstic.com) at that price range. There is a nice write up on these in the present issue(#46) of The Perfect Vision.

What else did you compare them to? What do you like about this set up other than price?

I realize this doesn't answer your question of price for total package. I hope someone can help you with that question.

5. PaulT

PaulT Supporting Actor

Derek, FYI, I have been to 4 stores in the Okanagan and the best price I can get here for the 50H82 is 2750CDN Plus tax (14.5% in BC PST/GST). 2 stores were 2900 (Local Mom & Pops) and the other 3000 (Future Shop). That was about 2 months ago. MSRP is 3499CDN.

There's a 'discussion' going on in another thread with some of the other prices quoted from Vancouver:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...11#post1291511