What's new

Is this a good combo? (1 Viewer)

DanBrunet

Auditioning
For a buget system, I can get the Kenwood 509 for 420$ CND and the Energy Encore system for 1500$ CND. My room is 15x22x8. I would use it 60%movies and 40% music, and I do listen fairly loud! Is this a good combo? What other options should I look at?

Thanks for the advice!!!

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Well I just helped my roommate pick up a system. Got him a Yamaha 520 with a JBL S-Center (proper 3way center) and 2 pairs of S26 bookshelves (remarkable extension for their size) for just over $1700CDN inlcuding a 13% sales tax from A&B.

I think I'm gonna help him build a Dayton DVC12" sub though for around $450 CDN (will be somewhere between a SVS 20-39CS and 20-39CS+ for performance). I don't know what I'd reccomend for a sub with the system since I think it deservers a pretty good one. And good ones don't really start in Canada until you get to the Paradigm PW2200 at around $900 tax in.

You could try the D-Box at Costco, a JBL PB12 or the Sony everyone is talking about though if you can't build one.

Steve WC

Stunt Coordinator
My sister and brother- in -law have the Encore. Below is a copy of the E-mail I recieved shortly after takeoff:

Bro

We watched Matrix last night. It was f---ing unbelievable, as Jay would say.

The kids came back from Albany and watched the last half hour with us. Our chests were rattling. Duncan was afraid to go in the living room. It was even better than being at the movies.

Love, Sis

My sister lives in another part of the state so I have not personally listened to the system. (FYI they have them paired with Marantz.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks