What's new

Is this a good beginner set up for $500? (1 Viewer)

rabbithimself

Auditioning
Real Name
Tyler Jennings
I am new to the home theater scene, but I have been doing some research and reading multiple reviews for different products. Today, I decided was the day I make the leap and buy my first home theater system. I went to best buy and got what I think is a pretty good deal, but I would like some more experienced input... Anyone who has had experience with these components or opinions on their quality or shortcomings... Honestly if I got taken, I have no problem returning everything or a single component if it will not give me a great sound. I am hoping to have everything hooked up by tomorrow though before 12 for the UK vs. UL basketball game so any responses will be helpful ASAP. Reciever: Denon model AVR1312; $99 Speakers: Klipsch home theater 500 HD speakers 5.1 system (4 satellite speakers, 1 center speaker, 8" subwoofer); $269 DVD/BLU RAY Player: Pioneer Elite 3D/Blu Ray player; model BDP-41FD; $50 Thank You all in advance for your input.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It looks good to me. Good deal on the receiver. :banana: I can't comment on the speakers since my opinion has nothing to do with weather you will like them. Watch movies and listen to music as often as you can over the next couple weeks to make sure you really like the sound. If you have any questions on setting everything up please come back and ask. I believe it is better to ask first than have to redo your setup later. :D

Spock

Auditioning
Real Name
Spock
That price for the Klipsch speakers is incredible. I just paid $300 for the Klipsch Synergy Quintet III

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
A couple of weeks back I installed the YHT-895 Yamaha HTiB 7.1 audio system for a friend, ( no blu player included) after calibrating the speakers we watched the blu-ray of 'Super 8' and I was surprised to how good the audio of this set up was, the train crash sequence was incredible and you can even clearly hear the flies buzzing around a character as he lay in a hospital bed; this system comes with all the latest bell and whistles needed for most user including 3D pass thru, audio return channel and all blu-ray audio decoding formats, his netflix streaming service and blu ray play was all routed thru the receiver using a single HDMI cable to the HDTV. the street price was less than $800.00, and Yamaha also offers a smaller 5.1 system. http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hometheater-systems/home-theater-package/yht-895/?mode=model

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks