What's new

is this 12" driver any good for $150? (1 Viewer)

Geno

Supporting Actor
Power handling- 350 watts RMS/ 450 watts max.
Voice coil diameter- 2"
Voice coil inductance- 1.96 mH
Nominal impedance- 4 ohms
DC resistance- 3.66 ohms
Frequency response- 16-400 Hz
Magnet weight- 84 oz.
Fs- 16 Hz
SPL-90dB 2.83V/1m
Vas- 9.894 cu. ft.
Qms- 8.22
Qes- .42
Qts- 0 .407
Xmax- 14.2 mm
Net weight- 14.6 lbs.
Dimensions- diameter 12-1/8", depth 6-9/16"

A

Anthony_Gomez

What driver specifically is it? These could be the specs to a Lambda Acoustics driver, or to a Pyle. Specs are only part of the story...and sometimes they are over inflated. If it is a Lambda, then it is a good driver (thought theLE's are at 1/2 the price), but a Pyle is a pile.

$150 is on the high side for Most 12's, but not all. it could be way underpriced if it is an Aura NRT (though the Xmax doesn't suggest that), or way over priced if it is a Pyle.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Geno

Where did you go?

What is the driver you posted the TS-prams for?

Don't be shy, it dose not matter who makes the driver.
Lets see what could be done with it if you have one, or maybe your just looking at drivers.
Also the boys might be able to suggest possible alignments for it, or other driver alternitives/alignments for a certain type of performance you might be looking for.

Regards
Geoff

Geno

Supporting Actor
oh i was just surfing and came across it.

www.midi-organ.com

bottom of page
looks like hey buy fro PA or something then resell it
no brand name

I myself have two 10" martin logan woofers [ones that go into DESCENT SUB] but cannot get any specs on it and all my testing has come out wrong

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Humm, For the money better woofs are out their to be had.

Assuming the TS-prams are truly correct, cough, it's a bass maker. Doubt it was designed PA duty though.

Thanks for the link. The guys got an interesting array of stuff. Primarly used Organ related goodies and then a raw sub and amp. :rolleyes:

Where in hell did you come up with the 2 Descent 10's?

Regards
Geoff

Geno

Supporting Actor
Well about the MartinLogan 10's, i cant find specs for them and I really want to build a sub box for them but I dont want to pay to have something built that wont sound good. any suggestions? I do know they are dang good but right now they are in an old hatchback car sub box and i have to keep them at low levels or they sound like !#$#@!

And I didnt mean that the above mentioned speaker was a Public Adress I meant Parts Express. hopefully that clears things up.

Chad Kuypers

Stunt Coordinator
The driver you posted is the Titanic. It is the original version (not the mk. II) and is still sold by Parts Express. It was designed as competition for the NHT 1259, which at the time was one of the only long-throw woofers available. There are certainly better subwoofers available today for the same or less money. It was designed mainly for sealed enclosures like the NHT. Take a look:

http://www.partsexpress.com/Tech/295-400.html

Hope this helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks