What's new

Is there such thing as a dumb question? How do you STUFF a subwoofer??? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Sharp

Stunt Coordinator
Someone asked me for help on this, and I honestly don't know (never had to do it). I tried the search thread, but all I got were folks mentioning it offhandedly, like any idiot would know how.
OK, so I'm not any idiot... Help!

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Kevin you might get more help in the DIY area but basically there are several materials that people use to stuff subs. these range from good old fiberglass to real lambs wool. A lot of people also use the white polyester stuff that you find in pillows etc.
------------------
http://www.mts.net/~glendap/

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
Hello,
The only subwoofer stuffing I ever did was back in my car audio days but I image the principals are still the same. In car audio you would partially fill the sub box with a material like polyfill to create the illusion of a larger space...and in my opinion, greatly improve the sound.
Different speakers require different box configurations and various amounts of fill. You can pickup polyfill at almost any fabric store and your speaker manufacturer should be able to tell you how much to fill it. If I remember correctly, most speakers called for loosely filling about 60% - 80% of the box.
Hope this helps,
Jeff
------------------
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks