What's new

Is there such thing as a children's mouse? (1 Viewer)

Brett_H

Second Unit
All,

My nephew will be turning 3 on 12/24 (yeah, one of those kids who gets shafted because their b'day is right before a holiday, but I digress) and we got him some Arthur PC learning software. I don't recall the title, but it said ages 3-9 or something like that. That got us to thinking that it might be hard for him to use the regular mouse with his tiny hands.

Does anyone know if someone makes a child's mouse? Preferably, something that could be picked up locally, since his party is going to be this Sunday... I saw that Dell made a line of children's mice, but that wold invilve shipping.

Thanks!
-Brett.

Brett_H

Second Unit
D'oh!
I completely forgot about a local store (MicroCenter). They show a few on their website, so I'll head over at lunch and see what they have in stock.
FYI, they appear to be from a company called Kidzmouse if anyone is interested...
-Brett.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
I read in my newspaper today the $23.95 Kidzmouse also may be available at CompUSA, Best Buy and the Dell website, among outlets.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
There are all kinds of mice for kids. I don't know if Microsoft still makes it but they had one which was a huge yellow track ball with a big blue button, housed in white plastic with smooth round contours. It looked like it was designed to be slobber proof, straight out of the creative minds of Fisher Price.

I've seen another mouse which looks like a Tonka Truck, it's part of some learning/game software package which also included a dashboard that straps on top of the keyboard: turn the wheel and move the levers and it would actuate plungers to smack the appropriate keys.

And to think that when I was a kid, Tonka Trucks were steel behemoths and you played with them in the yard, loading them up with dirt and making your own diesel engine noises with your mouth.

AaronMg

Stunt Coordinator
You could get a labtop mouse. The only other thing I can think of that hasn't already been mentioned is one of those little mouses for the imac's.

Brett_H

Second Unit
Guys,

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up getting the "bemblue bee" colored version of the "KidzMouse" for $19.99 from a local store.

Thanks,
-Brett.

Users who are viewing this thread